Each class has a weekly timetable with a set rota of activities relating to the curriculum and to the class half-termly topic.
Here is a typical example of our school day:
- Our school day begins with the children arriving at school at 9:00 am
- Children take part in the morning routine of toileting, snack and physical / play activities
- Class assembly: here the children say good morning to staff and to each other and prepare for the school day by creating a visual timetable or schedule
- Work time: a range of exciting and motivational learning activities are provided covering all areas of the curriculum, including reading, writing and mathematics
- Snack: children work on their expressive communication targets in order to request favoured food and drink
- Outdoor play: children and staff will be suitably clothed in order to experience all weather conditions and explore our fantastic outdoor learning resources
- Work time: individual and small group activities
- Dinner preparation: washing hands and handing out aprons to peers before singing the dinnertime song
- Outdoor play – weather permitting.
- Class assembly
- Topic work – cooking, art, music etc
- Toilet time
- Going home routine
- 3:00 pm end of the day