- To provide opportunities for children to develop their knowledge and skills by learning through experience and direct investigation
- To provide motivation by making the work of the curriculum more interesting
- To help children develop their social skills e.g. relationships with others, self-esteem, self-confidence, personal competence and leadership
- To provide opportunities for adventure and exploration
- To provide opportunities for practical, enquiry-based learning
- To provide physical challenge
- To help children develop responsible attitudes to the environment, to the places they visit, to others who use them and to those who live and work there
- To help children develop an awareness of the dangers and potential hazards to be found in particular environments and outdoor activities and to take steps to minimise them
- To ensure that all staff involved in educational visits are aware of the strict guidelines which exist to ensure the safety of both themselves and the children in their care
- To support volunteers following the Educational Visits/Forest School module.
Broadmeadow Special School is part of The Central Learning Partnership Trust: a company limited by Guarantee.
Registered in England and Wales. Company number: 07827368. Registered Office: Central Learning Partnership Trust, Prestwood Road, Wolverhampton, WV11 1RD.
Copyright © 2017 The Central Learning Partnership Trust. All Rights Reserved.